The 17th Edition of Field Notes include 48 pages (24 sheets) of tear proof and water proof paper. The Expedition Edition notebooks are awesome for using at the gym because they can’t be ruined by sweat and they are near impossible to destroy. They’re made in the U.S.A. and are some of my all time favorite notebooks. Each package of Field Notes comes with 3 notebooks with grid dot patterned pages. Check out the pictures above to see exactly what they look like.
Buy a 3 pack of notebooks here to support both the All Day Ruckoff website, U.S.A. jobs, and U.S.A. manufacturing. Also, read why Field Notes to see why I choose to support this awesome company.
- Proudly printed by the good people of Stromberg Allen & Company, Tinley Park, Ill.
- Cover: Yupo waterproof and tear-resistant synthetic 74#C “Bright White,” with thick, brute force applications of “Hi-Visibility Orange” and “Low-Visibility Black” Van Son inks, coated with clear varnish.
- Innards: Yupo waterproof and tear-resistant synthetic 57#T “White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Cartographer’s Gray” soy-based Superior ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Man Roland 700 perfecting 40″ 4-color press.
- Bound by a Muller Martini “Bravo Plus” 4-pocket stream-fed saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8″ (9.5mm) radius with a Consolidated 250 hydraulic die-cutting machine.
- Dot graph grid: 3/16″ x 3/16″ (4.7mm x 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (8.9cm x 13.9cm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
Davidadav (verified owner) –
These are great, and definitely fit the purpose of providing a rugged set of pages that will survive nasty environments (wet, damp, outdoors, etc.). The one thing to be aware of though, is that you need to make sure you use right pen, as this is a special type of paper and gel / rollerball ink will NOT work as it won’t absorb in to the page and dry. This is not a bad thing, just something you need to be aware of.
I have mine in my waxed cover with a space pen tucked in the back, and it’s great!
F3 Bono (verified owner) –
Practical way to keep track of key information. The paper is durable and has a sturdy feel.
Cemorrell (verified owner) –
I use these for keeping PRs at the gym. Great because the ink doesn’t smear when I try to write with my shaking, sweat-soaked hands.
[email protected] (verified owner) –
Great – extremely durable covers that stand out in the dimness. Grid dot paper is new to me but legit and makes me write neatly. These are making a permanent home in my every day carry!
JouWen (verified owner) –
Had bought this before and happy to purchase them from Brian for the good customer service provided. I like the durable quality paper that ensure my notes jotted on them will last forever if I don’t lose them :)
Looking forward to a special edition with alldayruckoff logo on them too!
Barry (verified owner) –
I am a 1st-time user of these, I had always used whatever I found at the local Dept. Store. This was a big step up for me. I am very impressed to the quality and how thick the paper is. I will be using Field Notes for now on and only buy them at All Day Ruckoff. Also, I am torn between the orange and the black. Love them both!!
The T. (verified owner) –
It’s great for sketching drawings to scale but it also works for keeping lettering going straight. I haven’t tried the full graph paper yet but I like the light, uncluttered look of the dots.