The GORUCK Constellation 12 packing list, like in most GORUCK packing lists, is broken down into multiple categories: required, recommended, and optional. Show up with the required gear and strongly consider bringing the recommended gear. Make sure to square it all away in your pack before the event and practice walking around with it. Although you do not need any “extra weight” (bricks or plates) if you are not used to a full pack you will want to acclimate yourself in advance.
The lists below were taken from the Seattle Constellation 12 event page however it appears consistent between the various event pages. Make sure to check out your GORUCK and Facebook event pages to ensure there are no additions. The scenarios presented in the event are location based so there’s a good chance some of the gear will be as well.
Since the original Constellation events GORUCK has decreased the amount of gear you are expected to bring. We’ve synced our lists up with GORUCK and kept the previous items (crossed out) for historical purposes.
Individual gear is stuff that you need to bring for yourself and falls into three categories:
- Required Gear: Items that GORUCK requires you to bring.
- Recommended Gear: Gear you should probably be.
- Optional Gear: Stuff that you might want to bring to events.
GORUCK has their own packing list on each individual GORUCK Constellation event page which should be checked out as well.
According to GORUCK the following gear is required for you to participate at your GORUCK Constellation event. Do not show up without it or you, and your team, will end up in trouble.
- A Rucksack or Backpack
- Water, 2L Minimum
- Photo ID and cab fare (just in case)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Ruck Bands (on your ruck)
- Smart phone
- (1) full 2L bottle (carbonated required, sugar free recommended)
- (1) Metal Can (12 oz Minimum)*
- (1) Duct tape roll
- 2′ of cordage or rope (you will be taught and utilize one knot)
- (1) Tourniquet
- One free Tourist Map of your town. Do not pay for it
- Steel Wool – 1 Packet (Extra Fine Recommended)
- Ziploc bag/trash bag (weather dependent) for waterproofing
- (1) Dust mask
- (1) Selfie Stick Per Team
(15′) 550 Paracord Sharpie/Pen/Pencil Lighter $20 cash Large, tin coffee can
*You will want at least one coffee-sized tin can on your team.
Show up with the above or there’s a good chance that you’ll need to scavenge them throughout the night. In addition make sure to check out your GORUCK Constellations’s Facebook Event page. Cadre can add extra required gear there so make sure you keep an eye on the page so you will be as prepared as possible.
Recommended Gear List
All Day Ruckoff’s List
After completing GORUCK Constellation 007 in Seattle we found there were a number of items not included in the lists that would have been very helpful.
- Gloves: Bring gloves. We recommend Mechanix gloves and they haven’t let us down yet. You don’t know what you will be touching during the event.
- Sharpie: Medium or thick.
- Notebook: Taking notes on the courses is useful.
- Pen: Need something to take those notes with.
- Map Cover: We had one and it was incredibly useful.
- Knife: You will need at least one on your team.
GORUCK strongly considers that you bring the following gear to your Constellation event.
- External battery pack for smart phone
Belt (can be worn) Plastic grocery bags Something to cut with (knife, multi-tool, etc) ChemLight Compass Ferro rod Note pad Canteen cup Tourniquet Rolled Gauze (1) Nalgene bottle (2) Contractor Bags (4) Small Ziploc Bags (1) Gallon size Ziploc bag (or map case)
Coming soon as more events complete.
This page will continue to be updated as the GORUCK Constellation events occur throughout the country. Right now the page is based off of the GORUCK website and our experiences at the Seattle event.
Want more information about the GORUCK Constellation 12 event? Check out our GORUCK Constellation 12 event page!
Check out the following pages for more information about the GORUCK Constellation event: