Our Military Appreciation Program is live and working well. There were some bugs at the beginning but we’re pretty sure they have all been squashed. If you run into a problem just send us an email and we’ll get you squared away. To prevent abuse of the program we’ve set up a one-time hurdle that you’ve got to jump over. It’s a low hurdle so don’t worry and if you trip over said hurdle we’ll be there to help you out.
To get enrolled in the program you will need to do the following:
- You need to have an account on ADR. They’re free so that’s pretty easy.
- You need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email has to include your username and it has to meet one (and only one) of the following requirements:
- Come from a military email account.
- Include Military ID. (Cover Up Non-Essential Info)
- Include VA ID. (Cover Up Non-Essential Info)
- Include DD214. (Cover Up Non-Essential Info)
Seriously, cover up your non-essential info… we don’t want it. All we want is to loosely verify that you serve (or served) in our nation’s military. There’s no reason to blow OPSEC for a 10% discount. If meeting one of those requirements is too tough then shoot us an email and we’ll figure something out. One last time please cover up non-essential information… really all we need is your name on some piece of paper or ID that says you did something in the military at one point in your life.
How It Works
The 10% discount applies to most products. The only items that are excluded from the discount are ones where 100% of the sales go to charity. Once an item has been added to your cart you’ll see the new price at in your cart and at checkout. If there isn’t a new price then that item doesn’t apply to the discount program.
We’ll scan through all your previous orders on your account and award you in ADR Points (aka store credit) for all your previous orders equal to your military discount. Why should you be punished because we didn’t have our shit together and it took us almost two years to build out this discount?
Thank you all for your service… it’s appreciated every day!