The Source Tactical Helix High-Flow Bite Valve is a replacement bite valve for the Source hydration system. This one of those “bite-and-suck” valves where you bite down to suck water out of the bladder. If you’re looking for one of the “twist-and-suck” valves then check out the Storm valve.
- Cylindrical shape requires no special mouth orientation
- Bite valve – Unique mechanism delivers full flow with just a soft bite
- 90-degree design allows the tube to be shorter to minimize excess tubing
- Retreat spring mechanism – Will not leak even under pressure or with prolonged use
- Dirt-Shield protective cover keeps valve free of dirt, sand, dust, and pollution
Keeping an extra one of these in your ruck can prove invaluable. Having a bladder valve fail during an event is no fun especially if you don’t have an extra valve OR a Nalgene to dump the water into. If you’re not a fan of keeping one in the ruck then have one spare at home. Before you leave for an event you don’t want to find out that your bladder doesn’t work.