The first month of GORUCK Tribe is here! This month’s theme is pain and, in my opinion, starts the year off right. To complete this month’s challenge you’ll need to do the following:
- Workout: MILLER HERO WOD.
- Rucking: Ruck 1 mile per day. 5 mile penalty ruck per day missed. Use baseline weight. I’m going with 30 lbs.
- Book: Tribe, by Sebastian Junger.
- Additional Tasking: Reach out to and connect with one person you haven’t been in contact with in too long. Ruck with them, side by side, or virtually (phone call) while rucking.
The Robbie Miller WOD is a solid workout and should probably take you somewhere between an hour and a half and three hours. Although it’s not easy this version is very accessible and pretty much anyone can finish if they take their time. Here’s the workout:
- 3 Mile Ruck
- 12 Rounds:
- 6 x Sandbag/Ruck Rows
- 6 x Burpee Squats (Full Burpee with Jump followed by Squat)
- 6 x 4 Ct Mountain Climbers
- 6 x Rucksack Getups
- 3 Mile Ruck
The six miles of rucking (assuming a 15 minute/mile pace) will put you at 90 minutes and the 12 rounds of PT will take however long all that stuff takes you. The burpee squats (72 total ruck burpees and 72 jump squats) will probably be the most time consuming.
The other big component with this will be consistency with those rucking miles. If you miss two days you’ve gone from needing two miles to ten miles. Miss and third day and you’re at fifteen miles. The way it’s worded (5 mile penalty ruck per day) kind of makes it sound like you need to still ruck that original mile so you might have even more to do then. I’m not sure if that’s official or not but I don’t want to have to ask… I’ll be shooting for my one mile per day.
Complete all of that and you’ll earn yourself the GORUCK Tribe: Pain patch for January, 2021. Have you signed up for GORUCK Tribe? Have thoughts on the January, 2021 challenge? Want to brag about your Robbie Miller time? Post all of that below!