If you’re looking for a difficult workout to start the year off then Rucks on Parade has you covered with their “Welcome Party” challenge. There’s three evolutions that can be performed in any order each bringing their own level of pain.
If you want to purchase the patch associated with the workout you can grab it here. In addition you can use the code GETSOME for 10% off.
The “Welcome Party” Workout
- Ruck 8-10 miles. (Break up before or after each evolution or do all the miles at once.)
Repeat 5 times
- 20 Ruck Curls
- 40 yd Sprint (20 yard down and back)
- 20 Ruck Twists
- 40 yd Bear Crawl (20 yards down & back)
- 20 Ruck Squat Thrusters
- 40 yd Crab Walk (20 yards down & back)
- 20 Little Man in the Woods
Repeat 7 times, decreasing rep count by 1 each time – i.e. 7,6,5,4,3,2,1. All flutter kicks should be counted with a 4-count.
- 7 seated (sitting up) flutter kicks with arms straight holding ruck.
- 7 slightly reclined flutter kicks with arms straight holding with ruck.
- 7 normal flutter kicks with ruck in air above you.
- 7 flutter kicks with the ruck held high on your chest while you perform a crunch.
More About Rucks on Parade
If you want to learn more about Rucks on Parade you can checkout the podcast episode they joined me on. In addition you can use the code GETSOME for 10% off the patch here. It’s fun listening to their excitement and seeing how the challenges came together. Going to take part in the challenge or have you completed it already? Let me know in the comments!