The virtual event space is one I truly enjoy. GORUCK doesn’t come to every city and sometimes it’s fun to get out there and push yourself with a goal in mind. Rucks on Parade is a fairly new player in the virtual event space but they’re putting on ruck related virtual ruck events.
This event costs $12 otherwise you can subscribe to their monthly rucking challenges at $10 a month. Each month you’ll receive the event patch in the mail which is a pretty solid deal. You can use the discount code GETSOME to get 10% off either the single event or subscription purchase.
For November they’ve got the Lumberjack Ruck (which includes an awesome patch) and a pretty unique challenge.
The Lumberjack Challenge
If you have a group of people then find a log and if you’re going solo grab a sandbag.
- Ruck 3 miles with the log or sandbag
- Complete the Lumberjack Workout with is 4 sets of the following
- 25 Burpee Ruck Jumps (i.e. Burpee then Jump over Ruck)
- 25 Goblet Squats
- 25 Ruck Tricep Extensions
- 25 Ruck Swings
- Ruck Drag 200 yds (Drag your ruck 100 yds down; 100 yds back)
- Suit Case Carry 200 yds (100 yds down; 100 yds back – alternating hands)
- Ruck 3 miles (with log or sandbag) back to the start
At the end of the challenge you’ll have rucked 6 miles and completed 100 reps of each exercise.
If you decide to register you’ll end up with that awesome patch featured above.
I love seeing new groups enter the rucking space and setting up virtual events, websites, all that awesome stuff. I think there’s plenty of room for our community to grow and I’m really excited to see Rucks on Parade here doing their thing. It will be great to see what events they come out with in the future!
Let me know in the comments if you end up registering (I did) and use the code GETSOME for 10% off!