If you have been on the GORUCK website since Mother’s Day you might have noticed that they overhauled the entire thing. GORUCK re-designed their site and launched it to the world on 5/14/2017.
There were a number of changes that occurred with the most surprising probably being a huge color restock. We were shocked when we visited the new GR1 and GR2 pages and found tons of colors in stock.
In addition the Special Events page now has a lot of entries than it did before. Honestly we’re not sure if some of these more obscure events were there previously (and just not in the list) or if they are new for the redesign.
GORUCK is planning for some hiccups so has built out a Website Changes FAQ to help with the transition.
What We Love
This website is a step forward for GORUCK. It’s much easier to navigate, the layout feels crisper, and the overall UX is improved. Specifically, we love the following things about the website:
- Singular Product Pages: There is one page per piece of gear now with options to select colors. This makes it much easier to check for restocks and browse the product lists.
- Sort By Newest Items: Finally there’s a way to view new items quickly. GORUCK used to have a “New Items & Restocks Page” but feels nicer.
- Events Count Towards Shipping Discount: Even though the free shipping discount was bumped from $150 to $200 events now count towards that total.
- GORUCK “About” Pages: The new “About” pages are clear, easy to read, and definitely tell the GORUCK story.
- 10% Discount: Until the end of May you can use the code found on their homepage to score a 10% discount.
What’s Not Perfect
Every redesign has its issues and here’s what we’ve noticed so far.
- No Account Migration: Order history and previous accounts were not migrated to the new site. Hopefully you remember which events you registered for otherwise you’ll need to reach out to HQ for a reminder.
- New URLs: All of GORUCK’s pages have new URLs and there were no redirects set up. If you sent an event link to a friend or posted it somewhere there’s a great chance it goes to a dead page now.
Overall we love the look of the new site. It’s cleaner, easier to view, and overall a solid improvement. The the issues we have are only because we’ve been customers for 6 years… new customers won’t experience any of them. What are your thoughts on the redesign?
I noticed the redesign right away. I placed two orders right away. So much was restocked that I missed seeing things during my first order. Based on my order numbers and now that many colors have sold out, this looks like it was a big hit for GORUCK.
I was order #123 at 10PM Sunday and order #395 at 7:30PM Monday. Just a side note but both orders have shipped and the first one is out for delivery today (Wednesday).
Brian Lohr says
That’s awesome! I noticed colors were selling out quick too… I know there were a LOT of people waiting patiently for them to be restocked. Looks like they’ve got a handle on shipping as well because that’s a great delivery time too!