GORUCK has gone absolutely apeshit today releasing a plethora of gear that hardly anyone saw coming. The GR0 is very similar to the GR1 and sports the same 3 rows of webbing. It’s modeled as the GR1 for short people (only 5 liters smaller) and is recommended for those who want a GR1 but are under 6 feet tall.
They’ve put a good deal of pictures on their site comparing the two rucks which I’ve included here. As much as I’d love a GR0 I don’t think I’ll be picking one up as I’m a good 6’2″ tall and don’t need a ruck smaller than a GR1. However, if my wife ever mentions wanting a GORUCK bag I’ll probably go straight to this bag for her since she’s very short. The GR0 comes in Black, Multicam, and Coyote and each look amazing… although I’m a little partial to the Coyote.
Check this new ruck out in GORUCK’s online store. The sticker price is $265 but if you sign up for an event and purchase it then you’ll probably get 20% off.
Zippers: YKK with silent 550 cord zipper pulls
Bottom panel: Black rucks-Ballistic Cordura; Colored rucks-Double layered 1000D Cordura
Size: 11.5″W x 17.5″H x 5.5″D
Laptop: Protects up to a 15″ Macbook Pro
Hydration: Sized to hold a 3L hydration bladder (not included)
Frame sheet: Yes
Volume: 21 liters
Weight: 2.90 lbs (1.32 kg)
- Built in the USA of military-grade, highly water resistant materials
- Two compartments: one main, one laptop / hydration next to wearer’s back
- Main compartment opens flat, internal pocket layout allows for optimal organization
- 16″ tall compartment next to the wearer’s back extra reinforced to securely take a laptop or hydration bladder into combat
- High stress points are strength tested at over 400 lbs
- External slant pocket provides quick access to keys, snacks, and other small items
- MultiCam rucks are IR compliant
- 2” x 3” VELCRO® on front allows you to customize GR1 with the patch of your choice (patch is not included)
- Scars Lifetime Guarantee
The new ruck comes in Black, Coyote, and Multicam.