GORUCK’s December, 2019 Rucking Challenge is called the 12 Days of Rucking. This challenge is a team up with the Travis Manion Foundation and involves 12 unique holiday-themes workouts to complete in the month of December. The reward for completing the challenge is an awesome holiday-themed patch.
Although the workouts don’t have to be completed in any order it makes sense to do the ones that require friends when you have a group together. That way holiday plans won’t get in the way of you completing the challenge. For those looking to take part in the event GORUCK has put a PDF together with all of the workouts. If you’d rather not read the PDF then you can view them here!
Here are the workouts for the 12 Days of Rucking.
- Ruck 1 mile with a sandbag or other heavy object
- Introduce one friend to rucking and go on a two person ruck
- 30 Ruck Squats
- 30 Push Ups
- 30 Ruck Swings
- Ruck to carol at 4 houses or businesses
- Ruck 5 km with 5 friends
- Ruck AFAP with a weighted sled or heavy object for 16 minutes
- 7 – 4 ct Flutter Kicks
Ruck 7 km
- Ruck 8 candy canes or cookies to a friend
9 Rounds AFAP:
- Ruck 200m
- 9 Ruck Thrusters
- Ruck 10 flights of stairs
- Ruck 100 meters
- 11 Sandbag or Ruck Cleans
- Ruck 12 cans to a nearby donation center
This challenge is a fundraiser for the Travis Manion Foundation which means it’s not free to get the patch this month. If you’d like to support the Travis Manion Foundation you can order a patch for $25 or a shirt for $25. Each brings its own level of festivity to the challenge although you won’t receive it until after the holiday.
Have fun out there this month hopefully you enjoy the 12 Days of Rucking!